Commerce: Doing Business in Jefferson County Florida
Whether you are a large distributor, transportation or logistics company or warehouse, Jefferson County can serve your industry well.
If moving goods from manufacturers to consumers is your business, you should consider Jefferson County’s ample, affordable sites. We have excellent interstate access, 4-lane highways, passenger and cargo air service are minutes away and two deep water ports are within a 200 mile radius.
BUSINESS – RIGHT AT HOME
We provide a business-friendly attitude and a commitment to relocating and growing your enterprise in Jefferson County, Florida.
With the right telecommunications equipment and a good transportation system, companies can do business almost anywhere. They can work where they want to live – not live where they have to work.
- Only minutes from Tallahassee, the state capital
- Located at the intersection of major U.S. transportation corridors
- Close proximity to airports, seaports and other business resources
- Positioned between two flagship universities – Florida State University and the University of Florida
Large, diverse and dynamic workforce
- An Industrial Park on US 19, 2 miles from the interstate, has parcels available for small scale manufacturing, processing and distribution.
- Good tax advantages and exemptions in the State of Florida
Simpson Nurseries, Inc. is a leading producer of trees and shrubs for wholesale in the United States. Their 100-plus year history of success in Jefferson County is a result of their innovative ideas and approaches, and our strategic location and climate.
Simpson Nurseries is also committed to sound environmental practices. 100% of the local municipality’s treated effluent is used by Simpson’s for irrigation – conserving groundwater and lowering costs for the company.