Commerce: Doing Business in Jefferson County Florida
If moving goods from manufacturers to consumers is your business, you should consider Jefferson County’s ample, affordable sites. We have excellent interstate access, 4-lane highways, passenger and cargo air service are minutes away and two deep water ports are within a 200 mile radius.
Whether you are a large distributor, transportation or logistics company or warehouse, Jefferson County can serve your industry well.
BUSINESS – RIGHT AT HOME
We provide a business-friendly attitude and a commitment to relocating and growing your enterprise in Jefferson County, Florida.
With the right telecommunications equipment and a good transportation system, companies can do business almost anywhere. They can work where they want to live – not live where they have to work.
- Located at the intersection of major U.S. transportation corridors
- Close proximity to airports, seaports and other business resources
- Positioned between two flagship universities – Florida State University and the University of Florida
- Only minutes from Tallahassee, the state capital
- Large, diverse and dynamic workforce
- An Industrial Park on US 19, 2 miles from the interstate, has parcels available for small scale manufacturing, processing and distribution.
- Good tax advantages and exemptions in the State of Florida
Simpson Nurseries, Inc. is a leading producer of trees and shrubs for wholesale in the United States. Their 100-plus year history of success in Jefferson County is a result of their innovative ideas and approaches, and our strategic location and climate.
Simpson Nurseries is also committed to sound environmental practices. 100% of the local municipality’s treated effluent is used by Simpson’s for irrigation – conserving groundwater and lowering costs for the company.